Monday, June 1, 2009

Gettysburg Blog CoOp

Brett Schulte over at TOCWOC (The Order of Civil War Obsessively Compulsed) has decided to do a cooperative blog on Gettysburg on the anniversary of the battle. Some of us bloggers will post our top 10 Gettysburg books on July 1-3. Brett will then compile the results and post it on his blog, and I'll cross post it here as well.

I'm looking forward to it. I think I might also do a top 10 of favorite things to see at Gettysburg. I've only been there twice so this list will be a bit hard to pull off but I can also include places I want to see but haven't yet.

Hopefully this will inspire the group of us to do similar lists for other battles or personalities. Those will be tougher lists to generate as there are more books on Pickett's Charge than on Chickamauga or Shiloh, but it could still be a fun exercise with some modifications.

No comments: