Friday, September 5, 2008

Alfred Edward Mathews prints

I had intended to make this post immediately after the Alfred Edward Mathews biography post, but access to my picture files on my computer was cut off until yesterday. As stated in the biography post Mathews was at many western theater battles, primarily Shiloh, Perryville, Stones River, Vicksburg and Chattanooga. I have included here his Shiloh prints that I have digital files of. I do have his other Shiloh print as a xerox but not in a digital format. I've also included two of his earlier prints that first got him noticed as an artist, Wild Cat and Logan's Cross Roads. Some of his prints appeared in Battles and Leaders, I've included a scan of a Shiloh print showing the changes.








1 comment:

Patsy Redden said...

Nick,
I really like these pictures. I have been searching on the Internet for pictures to use in a book I'm writing about my g-g-grandfather who fought in the Civil War, including the Battle of Shiloh. Would it be possible for me to use two of your Alfred Edward Mathews prints I found on your blogspot? If so, how would you want the credit line to read? I am writing this book to be published.
Thank you,
Patsy Redden