Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chickamauga Monuments - part 2

A few more monuments I like.

Since my family is from Wisconsin I try to see all the Wisconsin monuments. I actually have pictures of every monument at Chickamauga but Wisconsin monuments still hold a special place in my heart.

This is for the 3rd Wisconsin Artillery. I like how it kinda blends in as just another gun in the line, three feet higher than the others but still in line.
This is for the 15th Wisconsin. The monument itself isn't too exciting, I do like the star at the top, but the main reason I included it was because this was Colonel Hans Heg's regiment before he got promoted to brigade command. On the afternoon of the 19th Heg was mortally wounded near this monument. In fact his mortuary monument is directly across the road about 50 yards away.
Heg's mortuary monument.

No comments: