Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Confederate Monuments at Chickamauga

A selection of Confederate monuments.


Alabama state monument:
Texas state monument:
Bledsoe's Battery monument (Missouri):
39th North Carolina monument. North Carolina does not have a state monument so I selected this one from the few individual regiment monuments. It marks the furthest penetration of the LaFayette Road line on September 19. Lythe Hill is through the trees at the far end of the field.
Kentucky state monument:



South Carolina state monument:
General Bushrod R. Johnson monument:

I left out Tennessee, Florida and Georgia on purpose. Those states will each have their own post in the coming days to showcase their monuments. If I get some comments about it I will also do individual posts for Kentucky, South Carolina and North Carolina.

1 comment:

Brian French said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I saw your photograph of the 25th Ga Inf monument. My wife's ggg grandfather was a soldier in that regiment. He was MIA at Chickamauga. Did you happen to come across monuments to the 29th TN Inf, 2nd TN Cav (Ashby's), or the 63rd Va Inf? Some of my grandfathers served in these regiments. Thanks.