On back of monument:
Commanded by 1. Col. John A. Davis, Wounded.
2. Lieut. Col. J. J. Jones.
Formed here for battle at 9.30 a.m., April 6, 1862, and maintained its position until 11.00 a.m., then withdrew north- ward, to Jones field and formed a new line. Its loss in the battle was 25 men killed; 10 officers and 124 men wounded; 1 man missing; total, 160.
This monument is located south of the Water Oaks Pond, which can be seen in the background to the left of the monument. It is the higher brown grass.
Gettysburg’s Jacob Weikert Farm
3 days ago