14th Ohio Battery Light Artillery
Commanded by Captain Jerome B. Burrows
On back of monument:
This battery of 6 guns went into action here at 9 a.m., April 6, 1862. Its loss was 4 men killed; 1 officer and 25 men wounded; and 70 horses killed. At 11 a.m. it was obliged to retire leaving its guns on the field.
This monument is located on the edge of Woolf Field and was part of the defensive line near the crossroads that is just north of Shiloh Church. The fighting at the crossroads has begun to take on a bigger importance in the historiography of the battle. Burrows was wounded in this fight.
“Charge of the ‘Georgia Eighth'”
3 days ago