Friday, May 2, 2008

Lincoln exhibit

In yesterday's Denver Post there was a brief article about a new traveling exhibit on Lincoln. And its first stop is Denver. Its only here through Sunday but I think I will be able to make it down there. I'm sure Denver is the first stop because they knew they'd get coverage on this blog (or maybe its because it started at the American Associate of Museums Conference which happened to be in Denver this year, either way).

The exhibit, "Abraham Lincoln: Self-Made in America,." is on an expandable 53-foot semi-tractor trailer. Right now its parked at the Colorado History Museum at Broadway and 13th Street in Denver. For future dates you'll have to check out www.abelincolnmuseum.org Its on a two year tour of the country, but it starts right here in my town. It'll be back in town for the Democratic National Convention in August but I'm hoping to catch it this weekend.

I'll post a review and as many pics as they allow me to take next week, assuming I end up making it there. For now here's a picture from the Denver Post and another from www.abelincolnmuseum.org

No comments: